Project Perseverance is underway! For the next 2 weeks (right up until Saturday October 29th) the Cumberland Forest community is going flat out to meet some ambitious fundraising targets – and every penny is matched by a generous secret agent! There are so many ways to support the incredible effort underway.
- Buy a Perseverance Raffle ticket– raffle tickets are now on sale. Prizes include 2 flights with WestJet (anywhere they fly), Mount Washington Lift Passes, Tribune Bay Camping, a Cedar Love Seat, BC Ferries Tickets and a Legendary Date Night in Cumberland! Tickets available at the Wandering Moose and Riders Pizza or from a Cumberland Forest volunteer. $10/ticket and every $ raised is matched.
- Bid on the Perseverance Online Auction – the online auction goes live this weekend (October 15th) and there is SO much to buy from generous businesses and professionals who have donated to the cause! Bid up, bid often. Every $ raised will be matched. Check facebook and web Oct 15th for links to the auction site.
- Come to the Perseverance Party in the Park!– Join us for a Party in the Park following the Perseverance Trail Run on Sunday October 23rd. Enjoy live music, DJ’s, face painting for kids, scavenger hunt, delicious BBQ, craft beer and a silent auction. 12-4 and ALL WELCOME. Rain or Shine! RSVP HERE.
- Get you ticket to the Perseverance Hallows’ Eve Ball– do NOT miss this spectacular Halloween event on Saturday October 29th. Music, dance performances, aerial acrobatics, inner sanctums, spirits and ales, costume contests and so much more. CLICK HERE TO BUY A TICKETor stop by Riders Pizza. Every $30 ticket purchased is matched by supernatural forces!
- Donate Cash or Silent Auction Items– there are still lots of ways to contribute to this campaign! You can make a cash donation by cheque (just mention Project Perseverance in the note) and drop off at the Wandering Moose OR visit our special fundraising site HERE and donate to Project Perseverance by Credit Card. Donations for the silent auctions on Oct 23 and Oct 29 are also welcome. Late items for the Online Auction are also welcome as we can add items as we go – message email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Spread the Word!– Share the web and social media links widely and tell your friends and networks about this incredible project and fundraising potential of Project Perseverance. The Cumberland Community Forest Society is a registered charity and tax receipts are issued for all cash donations over $20.
- Volunteer for one for the upcoming events! There are many ways to contribute to this campaign and volunteering during Project Perseverance is a great one! Message firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute your time!
The CCFS is a grassroots charitable non-profit dedicated to purchasing and protecting threatened forest lands surrounding the Village of Cumberland. This forest is filled with beautiful trees, hiking and mountain biking trails, heritage landmarks, wetlands, creeks and riparian areas. The forest is an important part of the Comox Valley watershed system, a critical habitat corridor and a much beloved destination for forest lovers of all ages and ability. It is also all a privately owned working forest and scheduled to be logged.
On June 30th of this year, we successfully acquired another 40 hectares (purchased for $750,000) that was added to 72 hectares purchased by the society in 2005. These areas are protected as municipal nature parks. Now we have turned our attention to another 60 + hectares in 3 parcels along Perseverance Creek. These parcels are scheduled to be logged in the next 24 months.
Project Perseverance is a month-long campaign happening this October to raise funds toward the protection of these next 3 parcels of forest, trails, wetlands and creeks. The campaign culminates in a week-long matching funds opportunity from October 23-29th when all funds raised are combined and matched by a secret Forest Fairy!